Saturday, February 21, 2009

Brenda Photo Challenge!

Our current Brenda Photo Challenge hostess, who called for "Signs Of Spring" to be posted TODAY, Saturday Feburary 21st, 2009 is the lovely [and talented] Joy of ShutterShy. I'm late and behind on most everything. I just can't seem to "shake" it and get back on track ... but, I'm not giving up! And darn if I just can't choose which pictures to post! I took a whole lotta of 'em too ...

So ... you're looking at the BBQ'd ribs wondering, "now, what in tarnation does ribs got to do with SPRING!?" It means break out the Barbeque cuz the weather's good enough for me to grill is what it means! These are my Marmalade Glazed Pork Spareribs and yes-siree indeedy, they be finger lickin' good!

From the inside of a piggy to the inside of another piggy!
Here's another shot of those yummy ribs ...

... yes, traces of orange marmalade, fresh rosemary, red pepper flakes and ...

This is from the rosebush that is next to the steps to go up onto the porch to the front door. It's just a lil bud ... they're not very big roses and this bush has been in this spot for most of my life! [and I thank Brenda for her macro tip!]

... aww, snuggled in between tiny leaves ...

And down on the ground underneath the rosebush ... well, and growing here and there throughout the yard, are these violet plants that my Mom got some cuttings from her Aunt when I was just a wee one. It's amazing to me that they are still here ...

Above me grow roses of red, and I myself, violets of blue?

Thank you for coming by to look and give me a holler if you want that recipe for my Marmalade glaze sauce!

5 comments:

Donna said...

Oh. My. Goodness! Would you look at those scrumptious ribs?! I'm coming on over for dinner, LOL! You are so clever to think of barbeque as a sign of spring! I love the rose foliage and violet pictures too. Those precious blooms are so dear!

antigoni said...

Great photos! I like the ribs. We had some ribs last Thursday (during our Tsiknopebti). Spring is coming!

Janice said...

Love your take on spring! I'm bout ready to fire up the grill too - It's been way too long!!! Your yard sounds like it is full of history and memories as well. Great job!

Joni said...

Great photos and I love the sentiment behind the violets.

Abby said...

Wow, you outdid yourself with these photos! Someone's ready for spring.

Now I'm hungry.